Protestáns Teológiai Intézet

(The Opening of the Theological Faculty of the Transylvanian Reformed Church District in the Light of the Erdélyi Híradó (Transylvanian News) Newspaper


The idea of moving the theological education from Nagyenyed/Aiud to Kolozsvár/Cluj was born in the middle of the 19th century. Domokos Szász, former reformed priest from Kolozsvár/Cluj, and from 1885 bishop of the Transylvanian Reformed Church, was the most prominent supporter of founding the new centre of theological training in Kolozsvár/Cluj. After long debates and preparations, the construction of the new theological institute was completed in 1895.